Concrete parking lots offer superior performance compared to pavement alternatives. Incorporating
straightforward design and ease of construction, concrete pavement is also the economical choice for
the long-term. Because of its strength, durability, and minimal maintenance requirements, concrete parking
is like money in the bank.
- Enhanced Safety: Concrete's reflective surface means brighter and safer surroundings
for pedestrians and drivers.
- Reduced Lighting Costs: With three times the reflectivity of asphalt, concrete
parking requires less lighting, reducing costs by up to 30%.
- Strength and Durability: No other paving material approaches concrete’s strength
and durability in standing up to heavy usage and truck traffic.
- Competitive Initial Cost: Without expensive bases and reinforcement, and with
integral curbs and gutters, projects can be completed in one pass, more quickly than the alternatives.
- Most Economical Over Long Term: Concrete pavement lasts longer, without the need for
resurfacing, patching or surface sealing. Normal maintenance costs of asphalt pavements—sealing,
re-striping, resurfacing, and loss of business during maintenance operations—greatly exceed those needed for concrete.
- Environmentally Friendly: Concrete is produced from abundant natural resources,
reduces toxic run-off and can be easily recycled. It is also cooler in the summer which provides outdoor
comfort while reducing the “heat island” effect.
- Versatility: Concrete can be fashioned with an array of decorative textures,
shapes, patterns and colors.
- Upscale Appearance: Concrete’s clean look creates a good first impression and
lasting sense of quality for customers, tenants and employees.